Sunday 24 January 2021

Velvet skin

One of the most surprising things about not drinking is my skin. While I’ve been away camping my skin has completely transformed itself. Every morning I would brush the sleep from my eyes and one morning I noticed that it felt like velvet. I’m a 44 year old woman so this was intriguing. At first I wondered if it was because when I’m away camping I don’t wear any make up. But it’s not that. My whole body feels soft and smooth. 

I’ve done some googling and I can only put it down to not drinking any alcohol. My skin has hydrated and is positively glowing. Every time I shower I can’t help wondering at this. My skin, in my memory, has never felt or looked this good. 

I read one article that asked how much would you pay for something that made you look younger, reduced puffiness, make your skin bright and clear and cleared dark circles. Such a thing would be priceless surely? But it’s so simple, just don’t drink any alcohol. 

Having never gone without drinking for so long before I am amazed by how good my skin is. The feel of it rivals my pre teenage son who has gloriously soft skin. I’m just utterly enamoured with having velvet skin. I think this has to be my absolute favourite outcome so far.

In my googling I came across this article on Bored Panda and it really is incredible to see the change in people’s faces and bodies when they quit drinking. It’s worth a read. https://www.boredpanda.com/before-after-quit-drinking/



No comments:

Post a Comment